221B Baker Street
221B Baker Street at Baker Street West is a ‘tip of the deerstalker’ to the greatest consulting detective who ever lived. It takes great effort to convince the world’s preeminent consulting detective and his “Boswell,” Dr. John Watson, to relocate from their natural home in London, England to the California Foothills. But we have persuaded them. Once 221B became habitable in November of 2013, Mr. Holmes and Dr. Watson made the transition to their West Coast domicile.
Visitors will observe the intimate objects and extraordinary possessions belonging to this noteworthy pair of remarkable sleuths. Over and above this most excellent opportunity, guests will be thrilled when secret passageways are revealed to them in the course of their tour in 221B Baker Street.
Docent Tours of 221B Baker Street
Wonder what it would be like to view The Great Detective’s flat, 221B Baker Street, from the eyes of a character in one of the stories? Your opportunity is here at Baker Street West. On weekends, docents give tours, 11 am – 3 pm, from their unique perspective:
- ◆Fortunate you would be to see 221B from the viewpoint of Irene Adler, “The Woman,” from the story A Scandal in Bohemia. She is proud to be the object of Mr. Holmes’ admiration, as she is the only woman to “best” Sherlock Holmes.
- ◆Eliza Barrymore has come all the way from Baskerville Hall of Dartmoor to 221B to retell her part in this sinister story of a supernatural hound, the moor, and mayhem.
- ◆Miss Burnet, from The Adventure of Wisteria Lodge, will relate on her tour of 221B how she toiled undercover to trap the “Tiger of San Pedro,” a brutal dictator from Central America.
- ◆In The Hound of the Baskervilles, it was Beryl Stapleton who issued a warning to Sir Henry Baskerville to leave Dartmoor and return to London. Watson wrote, “There is something tropical and exotic about her which forms a singular contrast to her cool and unemotional brother, John.”
- ◆Mary Maberley is one of Mr. Holmes’ newest clients. An unknown party has asked to buy her house, The Three Gables, contents, and all of her personal effects. Should she be suspicious? Perhaps you can advise her.
- ◆Examine 221B with Hilda Adair, who lost her brother by way of a murderous act perpetrated by Colonel Sebastian Moran. Her tale takes place after The Great Hiatus, when the errant Mr. Holmes returns to Baker Street and to The Adventure of The Empty House.
For a private tour by special arrangement, contact Mrs. Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be included in a mailing list that announces all events at Baker Street West, do contact Mrs. Hudson at email@example.com.